As the premier Doula Directory, we make it easy to search for Verified Doulas near you.
A BirthTUBE Verified Doula has met BirthTUBE’s requirements:
1. Certified or attended 3+ births
2. Active Website/Facebook Page
3. Three verified 5-star reviews
4. Active Member of BirthTUBE.
5. Agreed to BirthTUBE’s Code of Ethics
6. Passed the interview with BirthTUBE’s Board of Experts.
A BirthTUBE Verified Doula agrees to conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, decency, and respect in order to ensure that all family voices can be heard and everyone can find the support and information they need.
BirthTUBE Verified Doula Code of Ethics
BirthTUBE Code of Ethics encourages Doulas to practice with integrity by explicitly outlining the ethical responsibilities of those choosing to seek BirthTUBE Doula verification. BirthTUBE Verified Doulas conduct themselves with a high degree of honesty, decency, and respect to ensure that all family voices can be heard and everyone can find the support and information they need.
BirthTUBE Code of Ethics defines BirthTUBE’s expectations of Doula professionalism, competence, personal integrity, and scope of practice.
Ethical Responsibility as a BirthTUBE Verified Doula BirthTUBE Verified Doula agrees to:
- Uphold the highest level of professionalism.
- Represent the foundation of BirthTUBE, women supporting women.
- Prioritize client confidentiality.
- Respect all birthing choices, including all methods of labor and delivery.
- BirthTUBE Verified Doulas prohibits discrimination against families based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital, family, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or citizenship status, age, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, regional, state, or local law.
- Make referrals if client needs are outside of the Doula scope.
- Agree to treat colleagues in an ethical, professional, and respectful manner.
- Honor agreements and contract limitations
- Stay within the scope of a Doula, not performing clinical or medical tasks of any kind, not diagnosing or treating any client health concerns.
- Maintain proper training and/or education to provide Evidence-Based Care and support as needed